Soft Molasses Cookies
1 cup oat flour
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
a dash of salt (optional)
1/4 cup white beans (any)
2 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses or sorghum syrup
1. Mix oat flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and spices together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
2. Blend white beans in food processor until smooth. Add rest of wet ingredients and process until mixed.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined. Dough will be quite stiff.
4. Set batter aside to rest while oven heats to 350F.
5. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
6. Drop 14 spoonfuls of batter on to the cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are firm to the touch.
To make oat flour, whiz instant or rolled oats in your blender until it reaches a flour-consistency.