1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup sucanat or date sugar
1 Tablespoon corn meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons nondairy milk or water
1 rounded Tablespoon ground flax
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients (first 8 ingredients) in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Put wet ingredients (next 3 ingredients) into blender container and blend until smooth.
4. Add to dry ingredients and stir to mix.
5. Stir in nuts.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls on an oiled cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
This whole-grain recipe has no free fats in it. If you use date sugar, you will have a minimally processed dessert that tastes great! If you use date sugar, you may need to add a little more liquid to your batter.