Peanut Buttery Cookies
Servings: 36 cookies
2 cups quick oats
1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sucanat or brown sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup nondairy milk
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup cane juice crystals
4 teaspoons ground flax seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ to ½ cup natural peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl until smooth; add to dry mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Stirring by hand as you go, drop teaspoons of the additional peanut butter into dough, mixing very lightly so that you have swirls of peanut butter throughout the dough.
5. Scoop dough with a tablespoon to form balls; drop balls onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart each, flattening slightly.
6. Bake 11 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just lightly browned around the edges. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.