1 large whole wheat tortilla
1 Tablespoon soy mayonnaise (optional)
3 slices tomato
1/4 cup the “B” (recipe below)
2 leaves romaine lettuce, shredded
1/4 avacado, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice (to keep from turning brown)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cups Soy Curls
3 Tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons liquid smoke, hickory flavor
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3-4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Warm tortilla in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. This makes it easier to roll up.
2. Spread soy mayonnaise over the tortilla.
3. Arrange thin slices of tomato.
4. Place 1/4 cup of the “B” over the tomato.
5. Top with shredded lettuce and diced avocado.
6. Wrap “burrito style”.
7. Soak soy curls in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain off liquid.
8. Heat oil in non-stick skillet. Add soy curls and saute for 2 minutes.
9. Mix Bragg’s, liquid smoke, salt and cayenne together in a small bowl. Pour over soy curls, stirring well to make sure all the soy curls are coated.
10. Cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. I like them very brown and a little crispy.
11. Drizzle maple syrup over soy curls and stir well. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.