Vegetarian Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
1 lb.sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 clove garlic, minced
½ red onion, diced
½ can black beans
1 tablespoon grape seed, olive or coconut oil
1½ teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
4 whole-grain tortillas
1. Peel and cube sweet potatoes, mince garlic and dice red onion.
2. Rinse and drain black beans.
3. Heat your largest frying pan / cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. oil to the pan. Once oil is heated, add garlic, red onion, and a dash of salt to heated oil. Sauté until softened, ~3 minutes
4. Next add sweet potatoes to the pan with a generous pinch of salt and spices. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan, cover with a lid and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for ~5 to 8 minutes, until sweet potatoes are softened
5. Add beans to the pan and toss everything together until beans are heated through. Season to taste with more salt or spices
6. Warm tortillas according to package instructions and fill with spoonful’s of your filling
7. Serve with Creamy Chipotle Pepper Dressing