4 1/2 cups pure water
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons basil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 small onion, chopped, sauteed
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 Tablespoons soya powder (optional)
4 1/2 cups regular oats
1. In large kettle bring water, Bragg’s, and seasonings to a boil.
2. Add walnuts, sunflower seeds, sauteed onion, food yeast and soya powder; bring to boil again.
3. Add the regular oats, stirring just enough to mix evenly.
4. Turn off heat; cover, allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
5. Form into 3-inch burger patties, using a wide mouth jar ring and lid. Place on non-stick or oiled baking sheets.
6. Bake burgers in 400 degree oven, 15 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and crispy.
YIELD: approx. 15 3-inch burgers, or double the recipe; stack and freeze for later use.