8 potatoes, thickly sliced; peeling optional
2 onions, thinly sliced
4 cups water, divided into two 2 cup portions
1 cup raw cashew pieces
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon chicken-style seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1. Put the potatoes and onions in water while preparing the liquid portion.
2. Blend two cups of the water with cashews, cornstarch, chicken seasoning and salt until smooth. Then add the other two cups of water and blend again.
3. In a casserole dish, layer potatoes and onions until all used up (I like to end with the potatoes). Pour blender mixture over it all until it barely covers the potatoes.
4. Cover and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes more or until done.