Barbecue Soy Curls Sandwich
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar or sweetener of choice
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 teaspoons non-hydrogenated margarine
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon molasses
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups hot water
2 cups Soy Curls
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 medium red pepper, sliced
3 Tablespoons chicken-style seasoning
drained Soy Curls
1. Mix sauce ingredients together in medium saucepan; bring to boil over high heat.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened.
3. Reconstitute Soy Curls: Soak Soy Curls in hot water 10 minutes. Drain.
4. Saute: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions, peppers, seasonings, and soy curls. Cook until softened and lightly browned.
5. Combine Together: Pour sauce over soy curl mixture; cook until thick and bubbly.
6. Serve on whole grain buns or bread.
I tripled the recipe and it fit nicely in my crockpot.