8-10 small to medium apples, washed and cored, but left round
1/2 pound raisins
2/3 cup dates
1 cup nuts, (pecans, walnuts or a mixture)
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients except apples in a food processor and process until rough texture.
3. Put prepared apples into a baking dish that fits them, or use individual baking/serving dishes.
4. Pack fruit and nut filling into apples. Spread any extra filling in baking dish around the apples and add a little water around the apples too.
5. Cover baking dish(s) tightly and bake for 30-45 minutes, until apples are soft.
6. Spoon a little of the filling from the bottom of the pan over the apples to serve.