Tofu and Veggie Frittata
1 14-ounce (2 cups) package firm tofu, drained and crumbled
¾ cup aquafaba
¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour or brown rice flour
2 Tablespoons chickpea flour
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1½ Tablespoons mild miso
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium (2 cups) Yukon potato, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch dice
1 medium (1½ cup) red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch dice
2 medium (2 cups) zucchinis, cut into ½-inch dice
8 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Combine the tofu, aquafaba, flours, nutritional yeast, miso, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, black salt, and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse into a batter.
3. Add the potatoes and bell pepper to a skillet and sauté over medium heat until the potatoes are cooked, about 10 minutes. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
4. Add the zucchini, scallions, and cilantro and mix well. Cook until the vegetables are tender and all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
5. Spread the vegetables into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish.
6. Pour the batter over the vegetables. Stir lightly to allow the batter to mix with the vegetables.
7. Bake for 60 minutes, until the top of the frittata browns a bit. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve warm.