Sweet Potato Muffins with Walnut Streusel
1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger
For the Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
2 Tablespoons coconut oil, room temp
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine cooked sweet potato, almond milk, coconut oil and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Pour the batter into muffin cups or a well-greased muffin tray.
6. In a small bowl combine streusel toppings and press a small spoonful of streusel onto each muffin.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Will keep for several days in an airtight container.