6 slices whole-grain bread
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3-4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 cup Vegetarian Express Parmazaan Sprinkles, or 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
Sprinkles of salt
extra virgin olive oil in a spray/mister bottle
1. Preheat oven to 300. Spray a cookie sheet with pan spray.
2. Slice bread and cut into cubes.
3. Combine the garlic powder, salt, Parmazaan Sprinkles or yeast flakes and Italian seasoning.
4. Spread the bread cubes on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Spray the top with oil to lightly coat and top with half of the seasonings and bake for 14 minutes or until dry, crispy, and golden brown.
5. Turn the croutons over, spray a little more oil and sprinkle with remaining seasonings and bake for an additional 15 minutes until done. Store croutons in air-tight container or Ziploc bag. Makes about 4 cups.