TRINIDADIAN SUGAR COOKIES
4 cups grated coconut
1 Ccp water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
Few drops of food colouring (very few or you’ll have flourescent!)
1. Boil sugar and water to form a light syrup.
2. When bubbles the size of small pearls appear, add grated cocunut and cream of tartar.
3. When the cocunut mixture comes away from the sides of the pan easily, remove from heat and beat with a spoon for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add essence and food colouring and mix well.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on an oiled cookie or enamel tray.
6. Allow to harden completely.
7. Store in an airtight container.